- Upload all required supplemental materials with your online application unless otherwise specified on the website of the program you're applying to; you can find links to all graduate programs on the Graduate School website.
- Review application requirements for your program in the Graduate Bulletin. If the program requires supplemental application materials such as reference letters or resumes, send them directly to the program unless it asks you to send all documents to the Office of Admissions.
- If your name has changed since you last attended, applied to, worked for or filed for financial aid at VCU, you must note your previous and current name on all submitted documents.
- For each graduate program you apply to, submit a separate application, application fee and complete set of official documentation.
- Late applications may be accepted under some circumstances, but students who do not apply at least one month before the semester begins risk losing eligibility for financial aid.
Late applications may be accepted under some circumstances, but students who do not apply at least one month before the semester begins risk losing eligibility for financial aid.
A nonrefundable $70 application fee is required with each graduate program application. You will be asked to submit your payment at the end of your online application.
For questions about transferring graduate credits, contact the director of the program to which you’re applying. Not sure who to contact? Reach out to graduate admissions staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-6916 for help.
For in-state tuition rates, you must be a Virginia resident or provide clear documentation that you are living in Virginia for a primary purpose other than attending school. Your graduate school letter of acceptance will state your residency status.
Advance your education
At VCU, you can choose from more than 140 master's, doctoral and certificate programs. And as a graduate student, our Graduate School supports you as you further your education and achieve your full potential.
Graduate application deadlines vary by program. Check the Graduate Bulletin to find application deadlines for our master's and doctoral programs.