Chock-full of history, character, arts, good eats and outdoor adventures, Richmond will present you with limitless opportunities to get involved and take in its beauty.
Come to RVA to earn your degree, and you may end up staying — just like 40% of our alums. There's many good reasons to call Richmond home. Case in point: RVA ranked ninth for the highest rates of hire and average open jobs from LinkedIn's 2021 U.S. Economic Graph.
- Richmond has a river running through it, waiting for you to play.
- Visit the nearby Carytown shopping district to browse local stores and restaurants, or just to people watch.
- Giant murals are everywhere, on campus and throughout Richmond. Pause on your walks to look up and soak them in.
- Our city is home to the Richmond Flying Squirrels baseball team. The mascot’s name? Nutzy. Enjoy catching a game or two.
- We’re a capital city, steeped in history, but not the stuffy kind. Landmarks include The Jefferson Hotel, an architectural gem.
- We’re hot on the food scene, dishing out eats from renowned chefs and local culinary artists.
- Richmond hosted an international bike race — and that’s just one way we’re bike friendly. Bring your wheels with you to VCU.
- Nature makes people happy. Science says so. Take it all in at the world-class Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.