Transfer application checklist
Check off each item below to complete your VCU transfer application.
- Read all instructions and submit the required application materials, noting the application deadlines.
- Choose the email address you will use for VCU correspondence. Make sure it stays active for at least one year since we will use it to contact you throughout the application process.
- Answer all questions on the application for admission, available in VCU's applicant portal.
- Include your Social Security number on your application if you want to be considered for financial aid. While VCU does not require your Social Security number for admission consideration, it is necessary for applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid to provide it to the university. To protect your privacy, your Social Security number will not be used as your VCU student identification number. Find out why we ask for your Social Security number.
- Check the departmental website of the program to which you are applying for specific application requirements, including portfolio and audition requirements for programs in the School of the Arts.
- Submit supplemental materials, if necessary. required of applicants to Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies or MCV Campus undergraduate programs (i.e., clinical laboratory sciences, clinical radiation sciences, dental hygiene and nursing).
- Submit the required official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- All applicants are eligible for test score optional review, regardless of GPA. Applicants who are able to take a standardized test and would like the scores to be used in our application review may still submit scores. All students will receive a holistic application review.
- Submit the $70 application fee when applying online.
After you submit your application
If you need to make changes to your application once it’s been submitted, find out how to make updates. Do not submit more than one application — if you do, only the first will be processed.
When to expect our admission decision
Transfer applicants who submit all materials by March 15 for fall admissions will receive a decision by May 1, otherwise decisions are sent on a rolling basis until enrollment capacity is met. Admissions decisions will be posted in your VCU applicant portal. Find additional admission decision posting dates on the application status page.
March 15, 2024
Transfer regular decision deadlineSee more deadlines
Find answers in our FAQs
Have questions about the application process? Explore our frequently asked questions.