Other applicants

View of Richmond city at night time

Other applicant types

If you're reapplying or returning to VCU, a permanent U.S. resident or a post-baccalaureate undergraduate, find out how to apply here.

Returning undergraduate students

VCU students are deemed returning applicants and must reapply for admission and submit an application fee if they have:

  • Not attended VCU in a degree program for three or more successive fall and spring semesters 
  • Been suspended from VCU
  • Attended another college or university since attending VCU and three or more successive fall and spring semesters have passed

All applicants are required to complete the application for readmission in the VCU applicant portal. Read all application requirements carefully. Applications will be reviewed when all required materials have been received by the Office of Admissions.

Applicants to undergraduate health sciences programs

Transfer students and current VCU students who wish to apply to undergraduate programs in clinical laboratory sciences, clinical radiation sciences, dental hygiene and nursing on the MCV Campus should be aware that courses and credit requirements for admission vary for each program.

Applicants to any of these programs must submit supplemental admission materials, all of which are available online. Please carefully read and follow all instructions outlined on each department’s admission information page:

Undergraduate permanent U.S. residents

Applicants who are not U.S. citizens but are authorized to live and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis can apply for admission to VCU as degree-seeking first-year or transfer student. In addition to providing all required application materials by the stated deadlines, permanent residents must provide a copy of their unexpired permanent resident card (front and back side) or other residency document.

Applicants whose native language is not English must exhibit English language proficiency by meeting at least one of the following criteria:

  • Native language is English
  • Reside in the U.S. for 10 or more years
  • Score of at least 22 on the Reading test of the SAT
  • Complete six semester hours of college-level English composition with the grade of C or better (excluding ESL classes)
  • Present a TOEFL score of 70 or more on the internet-based test (undergraduates) with the exception of the College of Engineering, which requires an 80 or more on the internet-based test; Reading 13-18, Listening 12-19 and Writing 21-23 PBT; or IELTS of 6.0 (academic band score) and 6.5 for engineering. The required PTE score is 53.

Post-baccalaureate undergraduate certificate students

Students who hold a bachelor’s degree and wish to continue their education by completing an undergraduate-level certificate program are classified as post-baccalaureate certificate applicants.

The Office of Admissions accepts applications for the post-baccalaureate programs in computer sciencestatisticsaccountinginformation systemsSpanish/English translation and interpretation, and health sciences only.

Students who wish to apply for admission consideration into post-baccalaureate programs other than these should visit the website of the school or department in which the program is housed for admission requirements, as they vary by program.

Important dates

Don't miss an important date or application deadline.

See upcoming deadlines